Monday, November 21, 2011

A delicious weekend

It was a weekend of great flavour. On Friday, Ian and I made Mediterranean chicken with balsamic vinegar, tomato, red onion and feta cheese on top. Along side it, we served quinoa salad with corn, red onion, red pepper, leeks, carrots, lime juice and salt and pepper.
Then on Saturday we made fried chicken and waffles -- one of Ian's favourite meals. It was my first time trying it, and I have to say, although I was a little bit skeptical, in the end, chicken and waffles with syrup and ketchup is quite a delicious meal. Try it! You don't know what you're missing.


Aside from cooking delectable food, it was also a productive weekend. We went out for two hikes, one of which took us to the a gorgeous viewpoint where we posed for numerous photos, including this one:


Behind us is Pyramid Mountain. It was a gorgeous day for a hike with just a few clouds in the sky. It was a bit chilly at first (-20 C), but by the time we reached the halfway point, we were both sweaty and out of breath. It was quite the climb, but so worth it for the payoff of a gorgeous view.



The weekend didn't end there either. I also made some time for crafting. I even finished my first sock monkey! Because I was a wuss (until last night) and hadn't been brave enough to use my new sewing machine, I did all of the sewing by hand. It took me an evening to make (as opposed to a couple of hours), but I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out.
What should I name him?
* Please ignore the fact that one leg is significantly wider than the other. It was my first try after all. *


To top off my tasty, nature-filled, crafty weekend, I went to Jasper's annual Christmas craft fair, which was totally amazing. There were a huge number of vendors with all kinds of goodies, both edible and non-edible. I ended up buying a pair of feather earrings, a felt change purse, a tortiere and homemade perogies. It was a pretty good haul.
We ate the perogies tonight and they were well worth the $5 for a dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment