Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Royally chili weekend

I know it's Wednesday and I'm only now writing about the weekend, but the last couple of days my passion for all-things-crocheted has been reignited, in turn, keeping me away from my computer and blog.
So before I get to what I'm crafting, let me tell you about my weekend.

Friday night was the 24th annual Chili Cook-Off in Jasper, which doesn't sound all that exciting, but oh. my. goodness. it was! Ian was asked to be one of four judges for the event, so he sat on stage and tasted all 18 of the chili concoctions. I, on the other hand, was tasked with taking photos of the event for work.
Now, this isn't just any chili cook-off, it's one people take really seriously, not only when it comes to cooking, but also when it comes to their costumes and table displays. So, of course, there are prizes for that as well.
For me, the winning booth was more exciting than the winning chili.
So, without further ado, here they are, the winners for the 2012 Chili Cook-off, the Jasper Dental Clinic, with their interpretation of last year's royal wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William.


Is that not the best? I mean, as I've stated in an earlier post about Will and Kate visiting Yellowknife, I really have no connection to or interest in the royals, but the dental clinic clearly put a lot of time, thought and effort into their costumes and for that they definitely deserve the prize.

Now, although the royals took the top prize, I would be remiss not to mention the second and third prize teams. In second place was Whistler's Inn with their Smurf-inspired booth and in third was Wild Mountain for their wilderness cabin theme.


So that was our fun-filled Friday. Now, on to what I've been crafting.
A couple of days ago I FINALLY finished a scarf I started in September while I was stranded in Rankin Inlet. I would post a photo, but Ian's currently wearing it in Edmonton.
With that out of the way, I've decided it's time to attempt an infinity scarf. From what I've read online, it's pretty easy. You crochet as if you're making a regular scarf and then just attach the ends together when you've reached your desired width. I think I'm about halfway there. I'll post pictures of me wearing it when it's done. I've been thinking I'd like to start doing outfit posts anyway, so maybe that will be a good way to start.
I hope everyone's having a good week. Happy hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment