Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Framing organization


I love earrings. Aside from scarves and tights they are my favourite accessory. But I have never found the perfect way to store them, that is until recently.

I was shopping at the local thrift shop the other day and found this fantastic frame. I loved the natural wood and the embellishments, but I wasn't really in need of a new picture frame, so I turned it into a earring holder/picture frame.


It's a super easy project. All you do is find a frame you like, pop the glass and back off and add wire. To attach the wire to the back, I wrapped it around medal pushpins, which I then stuck into the back of the frame. I used three wires, one to use as a picture holder and two for earrings. The picture is being held in place by mini clothes pins, a craft supply that is totally underrated.

If your curious about the photo, it was one of the pictures we took during out apartment photoshoot. You can see a high res. version here. And if you want to see the rest of the shoot, they're in my apartment post.



In my next post, I'll show you how to make something absolutely delicious. See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea, I can't wait to try it :)

    Best,

    Tamara B.
    lilmissstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tamara. I'm glad you like it. I love that just using a frame turns your accessories into art. So easy and cute! If you make one yourself, be sure to post it on your blog and let me know. I'd love to see it.
      xx

      Delete