Monday, March 12, 2012

What to Wear

I'm going to be collaborating with a couple of other bloggers in a whole new adventure, for me anyway. The adventure will include a scenario, an outfit and me standing in front of the camera more often than I would like. Curious yet? Or have you already guessed that I'm joining Alana from Merry Alana and Jill from Jilly Beanstalk in a series called What to Wear. I bet you didn't guess that!


I'm super nervous and excited about the series. The ladies have already started, each posting what they would wear for an interview. (I love that they both came up with very similar outfits: dresses with blazers. They also both suggested that you not wear heels if you can't walk in them... which I can't.)

The next What to Wear scenario is what to wear on a first date. I'm looking forward to seeing what the ladies come up with. The series is going to have new installments every two weeks, which means my first-date-look will be posted on March 22. It will be my first-ever outfit post. I've been wanting to do one for awhile, but I never make the time to take photos before I rush out of the house in the morning, and by the time I come home after work, usually I just want to get into my cozy clothes, so off go my cute clothes. 

So, to force myself to take photos, Ian and I turned it into a date on Saturday. It seemed appropriate, considering the theme of the segment and all. The date began with a quick drive out to Miette River. Once there, we took a short walk into the the wilderness until we found the perfect backdrop: mountains, trees, snow and river. The photos turned out really great, mostly because Ian is good at what he does and had light stands and lights all around me. I don't take any credit for their quality.

The thing is though, now that the photos are done, waiting until March 22 to post them is killing me. It's taking all my strength not unleash them on the world. The downside of posting them early is that then I have to come up with a new first date outfit and I'd also have to convince Ian to take more photos of me and I would also have to spend more time in front of the camera. So rather than doing all of those things, I'm going to wait and instead post a photo I took of Ian relaxing after our photoshoot.


And now that we're on the topic of Ian, go check out his photography site. He just launched it on Sunday night and it's pretty slick. In the not so distant future there will be photos of me on there. That's one of the reasons I wanted to join What to Wear. Ian wants me to do some modeling for him, so I figure I better get comfortable in front of the camera sooner rather than later.

Stay tuned for my next post when I show you how I store and display my earrings.

2 comments:

  1. this is going to be so much FUN! thanks for joining us :)

    xo, Jill

    ReplyDelete