Tuesday, April 17, 2012

At this time last year

An early evening sunset in Yellowknife last April.
                        
Do you ever wonder who you were, or what you were doing a year ago at this time? I wonder that frequently. You see, I have been moving around a lot the last few years. I started out in Kelowna, British Columbia where I lived for five years. Then I went to London, Ontario for a year, Fredericton, New Brunswick for four months, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories for a year and now I've been in the Rocky Mountains for seven months. With that lifestyle comes a lot of wondering. I wonder how much I've changed, if at all, and I wonder if what I was doing last year was more fun or less fun than what I'm doing now. So in honour of my wonderings, I thought I would do a quick recap, according to my iPhoto history, of the things I was doing at this time last year.

I was ice fishing with friends.


I was having brunch with a group of lovely Northern girls in Yellowknife, NWT.


I was dodging enormous puddles on my way to work, while still wearing a parka.


I was attending Ian's first photography show. (If you want to see his work, visit his website.)


I was hosting art parties where we supplied the canvas and paint and our friends created pieces of art to decorate our bare walls.


I was hanging out in the wilderness with my girls, attempting to make a fire and roast smokies.


In contrast, so far this month I have made a trip to Vancouver to see my brother, where we saw a reggae show, went 10-pin bowling, visited with old friends and ate delicious food. I attended the annual Spring Fever Ladies Gala in Jasper, where I danced the night away with women of all ages. I've been out fishing a couple of times. I've made homemade pretzels. And I got my hands on my first two pairs of skinny jeans. So, I guess you could say April has been a good month in both 2011 and 2012.

Here's hoping this May lives up to last year's. It was pretty solid. I visited three cabins, reported on the federal election, went ice fishing, hosted Yellowknife's Next Top Model with my girlfriends as my models, won the costume contest at the Beer Barge, took the photo that won me an award, and I met and interviewed Buffalo Joe McBryan. 

Now that I've mentioned it, I'll leave you with one of our many group shots from our Top Model shoot. Enjoy!

 

What were you doing at this time last year?

1 comment:

  1. Your life is so interesting and mine is so boring... You do so many interesting things in just one month! I can't remember what I was doing a yer ago, but I was probably full-time studying and part-time procrastinating :P . How boring can my life be?

    Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

    ReplyDelete