Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter with my bro


When I get together with my big brother, I'm often brought to tears. Tears of pure joy, of course. The kind that only come from a good belly laugh that leaves you gasping for air and running for the bathroom so you don't wet your pants. (Hence my hunch and crossed legs.)
Before I left Vancouver to head back to the mountains, I asked Ian to take a couple shots of Dirk and I and basically all I ended up with were photos of us laughing. I guess we can thank Ian for that, though. As a photographer he sometimes reminds me of Austin Powers. In this instance, he had Dirk pretending to wave his non-existent locks in the wind and for just a moment, he even had Dirk considering a tiger pose. Sadly, it was only a moment before Dirk burst out laughing and exclaimed, "I can't do that!"


Easter weekend was a pretty big success. We managed to cram in a ton of stuff during our four days in Van City.
On Friday night we saw a Giraffe Aftermath concert on Granville Island, where I danced my little heart out, belted out some of the lyrics and even told off the sax player for only playing three songs I knew. (Hehe.) On Saturday, we got together with some of Ian's childhood friends from Yellowknife, which is always lovely and usually results in some shenanigans - in this case two intense games of 10-pin bowling. Then on Sunday, I reconnected with my own childhood friend who I hadn't seen in four or five years. It was awesome to catch up, especially since it meant getting to meet her little munchkin, who has just learned to walk and wanted to do anything but listen to grownups talk. (If I was him, I'd feel the same way. Who wants to talk about jobs and getting old when you can run around and explore with a brand new Fisher Price ball popper thing?) The weekend was wrapped up with a chicken dinner ala Ian and a screening of the Rum Diaries.
All in all, I have to say it was a pretty solid Easter.

It's spring! 

How was your Easter? Was it full of family and belly laughs? Did you pee your pants? If so, do tell me the story. I think I'd like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment