Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm the queen of the castle


Today, I feel like the queen of the castle. Yup, you read that right. I'm the kid standing on top of the dirt pile and the rest of you are the dirty rascals. OK, maybe not that last part. But I feel awesome... and I am totally a queen BECAUSE I conquered my fear of heights this afternoon. Actually, in all honesty, it might not be conquered, but I at least faced my fear.

More explanation needed?

I went to take photos of evacuation training at the Jasper Tramway today and was invited to take part,
and instead of staying on the ground where it's safe, I said, "Hell ya! Count me in." So I went up the Tramway a little ways with the new employees, until the big boss man told the guy in the control room to stop the bus. And from there, we all got harnessed up and repelled down from the tram. Scary? Yes. Awesome? Yes. Feeling victorious? Infinitely yes!!


I just wish there was someone there taking photos of me, rather than me being there taking photos of them. But oh well. I can still say I did it, which is pretty awesome.


Although, the wedgie you see above. Not great! We all got it and we all felt it long afterwards as we walked around the parking lot looking as though we had just got off a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment