Thursday, May 3, 2012

What to Wear: dinner with the girls


It's that time again, when Jill and I show you what to wear for a specific occasion. This time, it's what to wear to dinner with the girls. I picked this outfit because it's bright, fun and comfy and it makes me think of spring. (Sadly the weather didn't hold up for this photoshoot, so I found myself getting creative in the living room.)


Don't mind the slightly terrified face in the jumping photo. I was a little nervous. I'm not a kid anymore, you know. I could fall and break something.


From head to toe:
Sunglasses: Ardenes
Scarf: I honestly can't remember, but I love it!
Cardigan: Walmart
Shirt: Hand-me-down
Skirt: Modcloth
Tights: Value Village Halloween Collection
Shoes: American Eagle

The weather in Jasper has been gloomy and grey, so I've been making an extra effort to brighten things up with my outfits this week. I absolutely adore every item in this girls' dinner outfit. I've remixed this skirt with tons of different tights and tops and always love how it turns out. Right now, it actually has me pining for some yellow tights. I think it would look particularly fabulous with yellow tights and a green top.
What do you think?

If you're curious about what I would wear for a first date, Easter or casual Friday, you can find out by 
clicking each of the links. Next time, Jill and I will show you what to wear to a rock concert. I don't know why that was a good occasion to pick. I honestly have no idea what I'm going to put together. Make sure to check back and find out on May 17.

Anyway, thanks for popping by today. I hope the weather is bright and cheery where you are. And if not, you can always take a page out of my book and wear some electric pink tights.

6 comments:

  1. I love that first photo! Such a neat different take on an outfit shot. So great!! And I think this is perfect for dinner with the girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana. We missed you this time around. xx

      Delete
  2. so cute! love the first photo too :) you always have great tight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks Jill. I've been thinking a post about my accessory obsession might be in order... tights included.

      Delete
  3. i'm loving the photos hun...cute outfit too!

    Marz
    www.sparkmarz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marz! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm still getting used to the whole outfit post thing (learning to be less awkward), so it's awesome to hear people say they like the photos. Thanks a bundle for that!

      ~Nicole

      Delete