Thursday, February 20, 2014

What to Wear: pop of colour


I love colour. I love it so much that this outfit was nearly impossible to put together. You see, it's rare that I just have ONE pop of colour in an outfit. Usually I'm swimming in it. I love putting bright colours together, no matter the season or the weather, because I always feel like a million bucks when I look like a painters palette, just smeared with beautiful shades of reds, greens, blues, yellows and purples. But for this ol' outfit, I reined myself in and went with just one POP!


From head to toe:
Earrings: Etsy
Glasses: Firmoo
Cardigan: Value Village
Shirt: Value Village
Belt: Ardenes
Pants: Value Village
 Shoes: Value Village

So there you have it, a single pop of colour! Do you have an outfit that features such a pop? Why not link up with us then? We'd love to see what you're wearing. And if you can't make it this week, be sure to join us on March 6 when we post What to Wear: 100% thrifted. See you then!


15 comments:

  1. Perfect color cardigan and I love the POP! You did a good job, I totally failed with this because I am an explosion of color in my outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lovely. This is quite a wonderful outfit and photo shoot.

    Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that cardigan color, it looks so great on you! And that first photo is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's definitely a POP! I love the sweater but more importantly, I love where you took the photos! Such a cool looking bridge. Also, the shirt you're wearing--is the back of it lace? I thought I saw a peek in the second photo and now I'm curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoulders and the sides are lace! Super duper cute. It was a total score at $6. I'll do another post when the weather is warmer and I can actually get away with walking around without a cardigan.

      Delete
    2. Totally my question too of course - having an eye for lace of course.. have to see that shirt.. TURN AROUND woman! ;o)
      Great outfit/you in these shots!
      xx
      mel

      Delete
  5. Bahahahha that first photo is perfect. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Such a great colored cardigan! I also love wearing a ton of colors which is why I think I ended up failing with my outfit for this prompt haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want a bright yellow cardigan! I like to do the colour pop thang in winter to brighten my mood up. And cardigans are a great way to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "POP!" picture. I probably tend to err of the side of a heavy dose of color...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha the best POP picture ever! I had no idea what the latest theme was because life has been pretty horrible lately, but maybe we can just say today's post is close enough?

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good pop of colour in an outfit. As a lover of monochrome, a colour pop is needed! Love the colour of your cardigan xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot! I love that cardigan. And I oh so want to join in for the next "100% thrifted". I'm going to put it in my schedule this time to make sure I don't forget.

    ReplyDelete