Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jasper Pride Weekend


Last weekend, Jasper was taken over by rainbows for the fifth annual Jasper Pride Weekend. This year was by far the best one yet. I feel like I can say that with authority since I've attended the last three. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a champion for this event. I bloody adore it. I get to take photos of the best drag show you'll ever see. I get to mix and mingle with the community and folks who travel in from the surrounding area. I get to dance to the best tunes! And I'm given an excuse to get into costume.

This year the theme was "jungle fun" and Ian immediately came up with the brilliant idea of dressing as a carpenter ant. That guy is just so darn clever... actually, he might be too clever for his own good. Most of the night he received confused stares and comments. No one got it! My costume, on the other hand, was a huge hit. After some thought and a few dreams of dressing as a monkey, I decided to dress as a plant and by the end of the night, I had decided that I was more than a plant, I was the entire jungle!


Well, anyway, here are a few snaps from the drag show! Enjoy.



1 comment: