Thursday, April 3, 2014

What to Wear: accessorized

I love accessorizing! There is nothing better than putting together the perfect outfit with the perfect scarf, earrings, tights and belt. So today I thought I would highlight some of my favourites of those items. The ones that manage to make it into my wardrobe time and time again.

Let's start with earrings, shall we!?




I adore wooden earrings. I have been collecting them for years and I find myself reaching for them more than any other accessory. The ones pictured in the middle are a pair that I have owned for six or so years, and they are probably my most worn accessory.

Ah tights! I love that colourful tights are an acceptable accessory these days. The days before colourful tights were gloomy ones. For me, there is nothing better than picking out a dress or skirt and then searching through my collection of tights for the perfect pair to wear. I especially love those red ones. They're just so rich! They're the perfect colour for fall.


I am also a huge fan of scarves. I own about 25. They are unruly and take up a whole heck of a lot of space, but I love them. No outfit is complete without a scarf, whether it's dangling from your purse or your neck, it's a must.

 
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention this amazing belt. I wear this belt ALL the freaking time. I bought it here in Jasper at the same time I bought the floral dress and since then it has become a staple feature in my wardrobe. I hardly go anywhere without it. I even make it a priority to wear it when I go thrift shopping, so I can see how everything looks with a belt!

How do you accessorize? Do you have go-to items that make it into your outfits time and time again?

7 comments:

  1. That is an awesome belt! It was fun seeing some of your collections- I love that you did a round up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally took this theme in a direction I hadn't even thought of! I love that you focused on the types of accessories you use to complete your outfits (& those that make you happy :D).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooool accessories, sister! I have similar wooden earrings and I used to wear them all the time; unfortunately, they're a liability now because of baby, lol. It's awesome you bring that belt with you when you go thrifting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - fun round up! I think we share an affinity for the same accessories - I feel soo dull without them on. But more striking than that.. you look super gorg' in all these pics - you could wear a paper bag (princess!) and still be beeeaautiful. So there.
    Happy weekend'ing friend!
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooo! I too love accesorizing! I'm really into scarves right now and stackable rings. I almost always have Sunnies on and love bright lipstick. You are just too adorable!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three of your scarves. I think they're by far the best accessory ever. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the dress outfit with the red tights. Great color combination!

    http://itsjpei.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete